Responsible Gaming & Fair Gambling
Our commitment to you
We are committed to responsible gambling and to providing you with an enjoyable, secure, fair and socially responsible gambling service. Our gaming and betting services are designed for your entertainment and enjoyment and contain protective measures to support responsible gambling and to protect minors and other vulnerable persons at all times.
Protection of minors
It is a criminal offence to gamble under the age of 18 and we have implemented a number of measures to prevent under 18s from using our gambling sites.
Age verification systems
We use technically advanced age verification systems and carry out robust age verification checks to minimise the risk of under-18s gaining access to our gambling services. We continually monitor new technologies to ensure that our age verification systems are current and reliable.
Parental controls and other ways you can safeguard minors in your family
If your computer or other device is shared with members of your family under the age of 18, we recommend that you install child protection software which restricts internet access to minors. There are a number of software solutions that can be used to monitor or restrict content available on the Internet. You can access some of these solutions using the following links:
We also strongly request that you:
- keep your login details secure;
- do not leave your computer unattended while you are logged into our gambling services;
- do not use any options available on your computer to remember your password or login details;
- create different user profiles for under 18s who have access to your computer; and
- notify us immediately by emailing [email protected] if you know someone under the age of 18 who is registered to use our gambling services.
We take problem gambling very seriously. We are committed to offering socially responsible gambling. For this reason, our group contributes towards the funding research into the prevention and treatment of problem gambling and the public education of the risks of gambling by providing financial support to the Responsible Gambling Trust, one of the UK’s leading charities committed to minimising gambling-related harm.
We seek to create an environment where you can play safely and we have developed policies, strategies and solutions to identify and support problem gamblers.
What is problem gambling?
Whilst the majority of people gamble within their means, gambling can become a problem for some. Please bear in mind the following when using our sites:
- Gambling should be viewed as a form of entertainment and not as a means of making money;
- Avoid chasing losses;
- Limit gambling to amounts you can afford to lose; and
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling.
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your life (or someone else's life) then it may be useful to think about your responses to the following questions:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
Deposit and Gameplay Limits
We offer a Deposit Limit facility to enable you to limit the amount of money that you are able to deposit online into your account on either a daily or a weekly basis.
We also offer a Gameplay Limit facility to enable you to limit the amount of money that you are able to play with either on a daily or a weekly basis.
Deposit and Gameplay limits may be revised downwards at any time but any increase will only be implemented after 24 hours following the request.
You may request a change to your deposit limits by calling our Customer Services team on 0333 313 0131 or by sending a request via email to support.
Your transaction history
You can easily access a full history of your transactions, withdrawals and deposits and your current balance through the Account Services section. You may also request them by contacting Customer Services.
Staff training and awareness
Our employees receive awareness training on problem gambling issues.
We offer self-exclusion tools which enable you to self-exclude from using our gambling services (either for defined periods or indefinitely) if you believe that you need to take control of your gambling activities and require assistance.
By entering into a self-exclusion agreement with us, you will be prevented from using your account for a specific period as determined by you, of between 6 months and 5 years.
Help and Advice
If you believe that you have a gambling problem, we would advise that you seek professional help.
If you live in the UK and would like to talk to someone about problem gambling, please contact GamCare. GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone and online support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. The GamCare National Helpline can be contacted on freephone number 0808 8020 133 (free calls from all UK landlines and most major mobile networks) everyday from 8am to midnight. Alternatively, visit Gamcare.
Gambling Therapy provides online, multi-language, support and advice. For more information, visit Gambling Therapy.
Gamble Aware offers more information on responsible gambling. Please visit their website: Gamble Aware.